Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer Time

I am going to enjoy this sultry summer evening and quench my thirst with a Mint Julep using mint from my herb garden.  For the Mint Julep, I need to make a simple but very sweet syrup by boiling one (1) cup of water, one (1) cup of sugar, and 1/2 cup of chopped mint.  Let it cool and then strain it.

In the meantime I will crush the ice, pull out the prettiest glasses, and pick more mint for garnish.  How about small umbrellas for decoration?  For a true Southern taste, I use fine Kentucky bourbon for the Mint Julep.

I pour one part of the cooled syrup and one part of bourbon over the crushed ice in the handsome glasses, and garnish with sprigs of mint.


I kick off my shoes, lean back in my chair, listen to good music, sip and enjoy the sweet Mint Julep.  I am blessed to have somebody who will enjoy the drink with me.


It is summer time.  
Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment