Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve 2014

Here at the Back Forty Garden, we are keeping traditions going and then we are creating a few new ones too.  When I was growing up we had rice porridge on Christmas Eve.  To make this dish more exciting, one blanched almond was added and the one who ended up with the almond would be the first to get married.

It is easy to make the rice porridge:  follow the directions on the package.  To make it richer, I add milk at the end of the simmering period and a dab of margarine.  I serve it in small bowls with cinnamon, sugar and milk.


Of course, I had helpers not only this morning but throughout the year and I do want to thank them.  I also want to thank you for reading my blog.

Wishing you a very Merry and Special Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment