Sunday, March 24, 2013

Love and Daffodils

It is spring time and love is in the air.  All sorts of trees are putting out their delicate greenery, azaleas are in full bloom, and roses are budding.  Birds are building nests and four legged critters are pairing up.  It is getting warmer and heavy winter coats are dropped.  The evenings are getting longer too and couples are walking arm in arm, laughing together.  Love is in the air.

But on a rainy Palm Sunday like today when severe thunderstorm warnings are announced over the radio and the sky is dark and heavy, my thoughts wander to a field of daffodils with bright yellow blooms bobbing in the sunshine.  They prefer full sun or light afternoon shade.  So do I, don't you?

At this time, ministers and clergy all around the world preach eloquently from their pulpits about Easter and its traditions, happy and serious.  Churches are decorated with fresh spring flowers and new greenery.  It is spring time, a time for renewal and new beginnings.

Today, on this Palm Sunday, I celebrate and honor my marriage because a long long time ago, I carried a bouquet of bright yellow daffodils as I walked down the aisle in my hometown church to say I do to the man I had fallen in love with and have loved ever since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQnyV2YWsto

No comments:

Post a Comment